With just over a week to go the Thinking with Sartre Today… conference is pleased to announce that the full itinerary is now available! You can download a copy here.
With speakers from around the world and keynotes including Prof Christina Howells (University of Oxford) on “The Ethics of Aesthetics: Sartre and the Subject of Commitment” and Dr Juliette Simont (Université Libre de Bruxelles) on “L’impératif moral chez Kant et Sartre” plus sessions focusing on psychoanalysis, Marxism, Theology, Sartrean Phenomenology and the Political this two-day event in Oxford on 30-31 January is sure to have something of interest!
Updated details should appear on the conference website shortly. In the meantime, you can sign-up to participate here.
See you in Oxford next week!
Hot off the press is the latest edition of Sartre Studies International (Volume 20, No 2, 2014)!
To order your copy, or find out more, head on over to Berghahn Journals.
- Entre Sartre et Spinoza : le monisme critique de Harald Höffding
- Flaubert’s Destiny: Freedom and Alienation in L’Idiot de la famille
- Interdependent Freedom: Sartrean Collectivism as (Good) Bad News for an Iconic American Myth
- Le théâtre de Sartre: Morale de la liberté, morale nietzschéenne
- The Magic of the Other: Sartre on Our Relation with Others in Ontology and Experience
Julie Van der Wielen